Eight Questions To Focus Your Life
If you like this article, and want more information please check out my new book
"Essential Mysteries: A User's Guide for the 21st Century Mystic", available on Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.
The following questions are originally from 1995. I find the process valuable. I hope you do as well. I continue to update the answers when I find they have changed, which they have over the years (ekg 2016).
What are the five things you value most?
- My spiritual communication/meditation and relating with spirit, and the freedom to do so.
- My relationships that they are based in honesty and love, that I am happy within them and that they are working well and are healthy and wonderful.
- My work/businesses (being a spiritual teacher and teaching what I know, helping people to publish their works)
- Being happy, having connection and alignmnent with God, security; personally, emotionally, financially, and health-wise.
- Being able to express my creativity and sexuality/sensuality.
What are the three most important goals in your life right now?
- Continuing to open my self up to a greater awareness of myself as spirit and my connection in the All that Is, God, Goddess, The Universe, allowing my own splendid happiness.
- Supporting myself financially with even more ease, by doing what I love and expanding my practice, and getting my next book published.
- Finding a new place of playfulness, ease and fun in my life.
What would you do if you won a million dollars today?
- tithe 10%
- Pay any bills that need paying
- Put money away for future adventures
- Buy some presents for friends
- Fix up my home in Hawaii
- Travel to Europe, possibly live there for a while
- Put more money into advertising my business, and publishing more author's books
- Give some money to charity above my normal tithe
- Give some seed money to start new projects that are good for the world
- Do a lot of the same things I am doing now, but I would travel more
Assuming you would be in perfect health, what would you do if you knew you had only six months to live?
- Make certain that those I loved really knew it.
- live more fully in the present
- spend more time making love
- spend more time in gardens
- teach as many people as I could to meditate
- meditate a lot
- go to Europe
- see all my close friends and family and say good bye
- make out a will
- spend the remainder of my life loving every moment of it
What have you always wanted to do but were afraid to attempt?
- Travel within and outside of the US teaching workshops and classes and be really visible.
- be myself all the time, no matter who I was with (much better at this now)
- publish a book of poetry
What kind of activities make you feel best about yourself?
- spiritual teaching, especially when I lead a guided meditation and watch people learn techniques and make change
- gardening/playing with flowers
- decorating and rearranging
- making love for extended periods of time
- completing some sort of writing like an essay or poetry
- having really good meaningful conversations
- completing projects
Imagine if you had one wish granted, what would it be?
- To live in a world that was peaceful, sensually abundant and sexually open minded, spiritually aware, free, happy, creative, and lacking in nothing.
What great thing would you give your life to if you were absolutely assured of success?
- To create a world that was peaceful, sensually abundant and sexually open minded, spiritually aware, free, happy, creative, and lacking in nothing.
Erika Ginnis offers Spiritual Counseling and Coaching, Psychic Reading, Healing , and Classes though her practice
"Inspiration is the Inbreath of Spirit"